Monday, March 15, 2021

Lots of Heart for every day

 Greetings!

May your day be filled with sunshine and happiness 😁

This past weekend I participated in a sketch challenge where we were to take two 2" squares, cut them in half diagonally and adhere them to the four corners of a 4 x 5-1/4 piece of cardstock and create our card from there.  I was hesitant to do the challenge because I really wasn't envisioning anything that I thought would spark my creativity.  Well let me just say, once I chose the papers and the stamp set, I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the finished result!



This heart is so stinkin' awesome!!

When the Lots of Heart bundle made its appearance in the Jan-June 2021 mini catalog I knew it was a must have for me.  Heart shaped stamps with Buffalo Plaid and Polka Dots! and a die that cuts out just the little heart frame - oh - I just had to have it!  The versatility of this set is amazing!  The stamp set has beautiful sentiments and the adorable dies to coordinate with it are fantastic! There's even a die for a little bird!  Check out my Jan 31st blog post to see another card using this bundle which shows some more of the beautiful dies and has the bird in it.

The Playing with Patterns DSP are so much fun to work with.  When I looked at the prints on the hearts my thoughts immediately went to this particular paper as it works so well.  From there it was a matter of figuring out which heart would have which ink color.  I knew I wanted to use the Bumblebee gingham ribbon somehow in my card. After trying a few different ideas I decided I liked it best this way so it looks like the heart is hanging from the top of the card.

There's really not much else I can say.  This card speaks for itself!  This bundle is available through June 30, 2021.  If you love this card and the one I featured on my earlier blog I highly recommend getting this bundle.  It goes way beyond Valentines Day and cards for sweethearts.  I hope I've inspired you to have fun with the card you make and to always have fun playing with patterns and color!

DETAILS, DETAILS, DETAILS...

Materials and measurements:

  • Stamps:
    • Lots of Heart Bundle* (Lots of Heart stamp set & Many Hearts dies)
  • Paper
    • Highland Heather - 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4 for card base
    • Basic White - 4 x 5-1/4, 4 x 4 for hearts and flowers
    • Purple Posy - 4-1/8 x 5-3/8
    • Bumblebee - 2-1/2 x 3 for heart frame
    • Playing with Patterns DSP - two 2" squares, cut in half on diagonal
  • Ink:
    • Highland Heather - stamped off for buffalo plaid heart
    • Bumblebee
    • Basic Gray
    • Smoky Slate stampin' blends
    • Highland Heather stampin' blends
  • Embellishments:
    • Bumblebee 1/4" gingham ribbon - 12", cut into 4" and 8" pieces
    • Pearl basic jewels
Tools and Supplies:
  • Tools:
    • Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine
    • Paper Trimmer
    • Paper snips
  • Adhesives and more:
    • Stampin' dimensionals, multi-purpose liquid glue, mini glue dots

*A bundle is a stamp set & die or stamp set & punch 
sold together as one item #
Use the Bundle Item # to receive a 10% discount!


Assembly Tips & Techniques:
  • Stamping Off means to stamp the image onto your grid paper once or twice before stamping onto your cardstock.  This creates a much softer hue of the ink you are using.  I stamped off in this case to have the Highland Heather ink appear more the color of the Purple Posy in the stripes on the printed DSP as there isn't a Purple Posy ink pad.
  • The flowers are stamped with the Basic Gray.  Leaves are filled in with the light Smoky Slate stampin' blend.  Flowers are filled in with the light and dark Highland Heather stampin' blends.  
  • To adhere the Bumblebee heart frame I used the multi-purpose liquid glue and put down tiny little dots of glue all around the backside of the heart.  The multi-purpose liquid glue is very tacky, even when dry; use it very sparingly so it doesn't bleed beyond your edges.
  • For the ribbon I adhered it on the backside of the white cardstock layer and brought it around to the front and tacked it down.  Tie the bow separately, place and adhere with a mini glue dot.
  • Dimensionals are used to adhere the completed heart ensemble to the card front.
  • This stamp set is a Photopolymer set which makes it very easy to see to line up the sentiment.  This is a huge advantage of the photopolymer stamps - they are clear.  Clear blocks and clear stamps make it easy to feel confident in stamping your images where you want them.
________________________________________________________________

Product List
Highland Heather Stampin' Blends Markers Combo Pack
Highland Heather Stampin' Blends Markers Combo Pack
[147276]
________________________________________________________________

Thanks for visiting!  I hope you've been inspired to take out your inks and paper and start creating :).
Have a fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment