Monday, February 22, 2021

Sending Sunshine and Joy

Joy to you!

May this day find you taking a moment to breathe and enjoy your life!

There are many occasions and reasons to send someone a card.  Sometimes it's simply giving them a card that reminds them to relax, breathe and enjoy the moment.  The Sending Sunshine stamp set  is the perfect set for sending this message.  This set is full of images that you put together to create the scene you want.  I used one of the samples from pg. 111 in the Stampin'Up!© Annual Catalog as my inspiration and modified it for what you see here.

Take time to relax and enjoy the moment!


Whose day are you ready to brighten?


I am reminded to breathe and relax simply by looking at this card! Sending this card to someone you care about is a great way to help them remember it as well. Would you agree that receiving a card just out of the blue always makes your day better.  How wonderful it feels to know someone thought of us and wanted to let us know with a handmade card. Brighten someone's day by sending them a thoughtful card "just because".  You will both feel great!


DETAILS, DETAILS, DETAILS...

Materials and measurements:

  • Stamps:
    • Sending Sunshine stamp set
  • Paper
    • Crumb Cake - 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4, 3/4 x 2 for Enjoy tag
    • Shimmery White - 4 x 5-1/4, 1-1/2 x 2-1/2 piece for clouds
  • Ink:
    • Sahara Sand (for beach)
    • Balmy Blue (for sky)
    • Seaside Spray - for both layers of water*
    • Mossy Meadow for land masses and plants*
    • Crushed Curry
    • Daffodil Delight
    • Crumb Cake Stampin' Blends
  • Embellishments:
    • Linen thread - 36"
    • Metallic pearls
Tools and Supplies:
  • Tools:
    • Blending Brushes (sold in a 3 pack)
    • Lovely Labels Pick a Punch
    • Paper Snips
    • Stamparatus ®
    • Paper Trimmer
  • Adhesives and more:
    • mini glue dots, dimensionals,  Stampin' Seal 
Assembly Tips & Techniques:
  • *To create the lake I used the larger stamp stamped off.  Stamped off means to stamp it onto a piece of scratch paper first and then stamp onto your card without re-inking.  This creates a softer color.  I then inked the smaller lake stamp and stamped directly over the first layer.  Stamping off is an easy way to create a look of using multiple colors when you've really just used one by inking the stamp and stamping two or more times without re-inking.  I used this same technique for the plants - I inked the stamp with Mossy Meadow and stamped onto scratch paper first before stamping onto the card so my plants would be a lighter green than the land masses.
  • For aligning my images of the water and sun I used the Stamparatus® !  The Stamparatus® is the perfect tool for any stamps that require multiple images to be layered and is also my go to tool for stamping the sentiments on the insides of my cards so I have the placement exactly where I want it.  If it doesn't stamp as nicely as I want the first time, I simply re-ink and stamp again and know that my sentiment will be nice and solid and crisp!.  
  • The background of sand and sky were created simply by inking a Blending Brush and gently rubbing it onto the cardstock.  I used the Shimmery White cardstock so that my entire card has a subtle shimmer to it.
  • For the colors of my sun I carefully lined up my ink pad with the round sun in Crushed Curry, then lined up the Daffodil Delight ink pad for the reflection part.
  • To create the hills on either side of the water, I simply used the jagged edged stamps and repeatedly stamped the image in Mossy Meadow to create the look I wanted and to fill in any blanks.  I love the way it turned out!  To create the clouds I inked each word separately, stamped it on the cardstock, and then free cut the shapes into clouds.  The little birds are hand drawn using the writing tip of the Crumb Cake Stampin' Blends.  
________________________________________________________________



Product List
________________________________________________________________
Thanks for taking time to visit my blog today!  May your day be relaxing! 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment